Investment Planning & Management
A team of skilled advisors providing thoughtful planning, investments and results
We understand that there is a different meaning and purpose behind every client’s investment account. A client’s purpose may be, but is not limited to:
- Creating a comfortable and secure retirement
- Leaving a legacy for future generations
- Philanthropic desires
- Creating and securing a future after a divorce or loss of a spouse
- Managing and caring for an inheritance gift
- The sale of a successful business
- College education for children and grandchildren
At The Prosperity Consulting Group, great care and attention is always given to each client’s unique purpose. We provide customized and specific financial planning and investment advice. We then recommend investment solutions aligned with a client’s purpose.
As we design clients’ portfolios, we believe in the following principals:
- Creating a written Investment Policy Statement for every client – a well thought out framework for how an account will be allocated and invested
- Asset allocation and diversification
- Determining the risk a client must take to reach desired results
- Independent research and analysis
- The power of dividends
- Investing is a process and requires a long-term approach
Once invested, our firm consistently manages clients’ accounts. Investment management involves recognizing that success is not measured by short-term results, but rather long-term performance goals. We look at each client’s investor profile which is comprised of specific goals, time horizons and their risk tolerance. We discover the objectives, needs and concerns of our clients. This enables us to develop an investment plan that is best suited for them.
Our portfolios are managed using a combination of active and passive management styles, based on the belief that while passive (index-based) investment management is well-diversified and effective in some parts of the markets, not all parts of all markets are suited to the passive approach. In those areas that our advisors deem as less efficient, stocks and bonds may be chosen along with managers who have successful track records in these areas.
We have an in-house investment committee that spends extensive time evaluating a wide range of investments to ensure that the products recommended are meeting clients’ standards. We understand that having a well-diversified portfolio is essential for long-term success, so that no matter what is going on in the market, you are properly positioned.